jueves, 31 de mayo de 2012

I am trying my hardest not to let work-related overloads interfere with this blog. As I well know from failed blogatures of the past, once you stop you really don't start again.

So yesterday I began my most epic packing adventure yet: 5 years of life in 2 suitcases and a backpack. It's an exercise in decision-making and throwing things out, particularly for those of us on the verge of packratdom. But it's also a good way to start fresh and separate myself from my material possessions (I think too strong of an attachment to them will only hurt you in the long run).

In a similar vein, I also separated myself from another long-term obsession of mine: my hair. I finally decided to chop off my waist-length hair to an above-the-shoulder, practical and comfortable cut. I'm not sure I find it more attractive, but I think it's a healthy move to distance myself from vanities in my outward appearance and focus on feeling good inside. And boy was my long hair uncomfortable. So I suppose I am a feminist, after all, and this change is in keeping in line with my principles of health, comfort, and practicality over fashion. After all, we feminists believe women are equally valuable in all ways, right? So that means we can sacrifice looks for comfort and health, too, just like men? I like to think so. :)

A long few days of work ahead, combined with more packing fun. And all the while I am desperately trying to keep my mind off of that damn carta de nombramiento that should be coming soon to tell me where in Extremadura I will be working. This is yet another test of patience. So...zen.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario