martes, 19 de junio de 2012

Back to the Heart of it All

View from Windhorse Farm, Williamsfield, OH
Back in Ohio on the PA border with my family (on the front porch of the farmhouse as we speak, see pic above). It has been really refreshing to take a break from both work and from the overcrowded people, pollution, noise, etc. And breathe some very fresh air (barring the chemicals the farmer next door sprays on his little soybeanlets). It has been a week since I left Buenos Aires and other than Martín, I'm not missing it too much yet. That takes time. But I am also feeling rather in a limbo between a sort of vacation and a sort of purposelessness, which is why I wanted to keep working throughout the summer, even if what I earn is pennies when you're living in the US. Something is better than nothing, and it does not feel good to have no purpose for 2-3 months. That said, I'm not anxious to go back to working yet. The sun and fresh air and animals could keep me entertained easily for another week or two. Unfortunately I think my vacationing time is coming to a close!

In a couple days I will be taking a trip to Washington DC with my friend to get a walk-in Apostille of the Hague on my FBI background check for my student visa for Spain. I might be crazy to drive almost 7 hours to DC just to do this in person when you can do it by mail, but doing it in person saves me anywhere from 2-4 weeks in time that I need to get my student visa earlier. :) Besides, we're making a road trip out of it, so it should be more than fun. Next we've got Chicago in a few weeks to apply for the student visa. Thanks to Spain I will be exploring my own country a bit more before I take off in late August/early September. I'm certainly not complaining.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario